Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Eats

Here is what we ate today...

Breakfast - This is my ideal breakfast. It was so delicious and it kept me full for hours. Ezekiel english muffin with raw butter, fried turkey slices, fried egg and slices of raw cheese. Oh. My. Gosh. I can't wait to make this again tomorrow!





Lunch - More leftover lentil soup. I figured I'd spare you another picture of this soup.

Snack - The kids and I made muffins today. The recipe came from The Spunky Coconut Cookbook. Lots of eggs, coconut flour, quinoa flakes, almond butter, honey, vanilla, and a couple gfcf chocolate chips thrown in to make sure Seth would try them! I love afternoons in the kitchen with my babies. They love being right there, helping with every step. Maybe they are just trying to butter me up so I will give them the spoon to lick?




Dinner - Cashew Chicken. This was pretty good, but it was missing some vegetables. It really needed some broccoli. I based what I did on a recipe from the Everyday Food cookbook.

I cut up some chicken and mixed it with a tablespoon of cornstarch, salt and pepper. Cooked that in rice vinegar. Threw in 3 gloves of garlic, some green onions, and raw cashews. Then I covered everything with some Bragg's Liquid Aminos.

I started soaking the brown rice last night. Drained it, rinsed it and then cooked it in chicken broth.

I know it looks so....beige. But, it really was good!





**Remember, there is one more day to enter for the giveaway!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment