Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tuesday

I didn't make it to the grocery store again. It was a day of make-do meals.

Here is what we ate...

Breakfast - Smoothies and muffins. I made the muffins with almond flour, oat flour, apple (pureed, so that Seth would eat them), and cinnamon. Besides pancakes and rice/beans, Seth's favorite food is muffins. You would think this kid woke up and saw Santa Claus standing in the kitchen. He was so excited to have muffins for breakfast. I was very surprised how much these held me over until lunch. I figured that I would be starving. Not even close.





Lunch - Chipotle. The usual. Very happy mom and kiddies.



Snack - Hard boiled eggs for mom and Ella. Seth requested another smoothie. When your kid requests a smoothie that is loaded with spinach, you don't say no.





Dinner - I was standing at the fridge at 5pm again wondering what I could conjure up. I threw this together, and it turned out so good. I cooked 3/4 cup quinoa with 1/4 cup millet in chicken broth. Threw in a bag of Cascadian Farms chinese style stir fry veggies, a can of water chestnuts, 2 scrambled eggs and a couple tablespoons of Bragg's Liquid Aminos. I topped all of it with a few raw cashews.





"When a women stays at home and cooks with good judgement and understanding, peace and happiness result. She thus controls the family's health and destiny, also her husband's moods, disposition and feeling, and assures the futures of her children" - Jacques de Langre

No comments:

Post a Comment